Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sketching at Barbara Barry's house

It is always so much fun to sketch at Barbara's beautiful home full of eclectic things. Wonderful things to draw! And wonderful things on which to much!!! I painted away, trying to capture the "still life with crow", and was doing well til Pat Brookes took away my pens. "NO INK LINES", quoth she. So this is what is left, with no link lines. I can't say I agree with her assessment. I am pretty sure it needs lines, but I have moved on . . . . 

 . . . I did this one of the "squashed squash" in retaliation.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE SKETCHES ... THEY ARE SO CONTEMPORARY WITHOUT LINES. Oh, sorry for shouting. I was just caught up in excitement at the freshness of these sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love the "no ink lines" version! The ink lines are OK sometimes, but they remind me more of a coloring book picture and the ones without the ink lines look really lovely. And since we live in a house called "Crow Cottage," I especially like this one!

    ReplyDelete