Sunday, November 15, 2015

Back to the Birds

Sketching at Hookbill Aviary Friday afternoon was such a joyful experience, as always! We all spend so much time talking to the birds, feeding them, laughing at their antics, running around pretending to be pirates with birds on our shoulders, there's hardly time to sketch. Every time I go, I think, "Why aren't I coming here every week?", if only for the endorphins.

The flamboyantly colorful birds always get all the attention. I decided to focus on Bomber because he was a little drab and maybe a little lonely.  I don't know how he got his name.

The love birds were cuddled up grooming one another. So adorable. The other guy was on my left arm as I tried to sketch him with my right hand.
Tried using colored pencil on the macaw. Not crazy about the results. I've got a lot to learn about working with colored pencils.


Pirates!


No comments:

Post a Comment